November 17, 2018
7:00 am - 12:00 pm
705 E. Pete Rose Way , Cincinnati, OH 45202 United States
|At a glance||
|What we'll do||Volunteers are an integral part of making race day a success for thousands of local girls in the tri-state area. Thank you for making this a special day for each girl to understand the power of setting a goal and accomplishing it! Volunteers will not be able to participate in the race unless you are volunteering as a Runner on Call. We appreciate your help in making this day memorable for the girls and their families!|
|Who can do it||Safety is our top priority! Therefore, we require all volunteers to complete a GOTR background check. We treat this information as confidential and pay for this check to be performed.|
Here are a number of ways you can help:
- SET UP: Volunteers will assist in setting up the staging area for girls to meet their coaches and teams.
- START/FINISH: Volunteers will assist in setting up and tearing down the start and finish areas, in addition to passing out metals, snacks and water to participants at the finish line. Some heavy lifting may be required.
- COURSE: Volunteers will assist in setting up of both the team staging area and course barriers. Assist in monitoring race course during the race. Some heavy lifting may be required.
- T-SHIRTS: Volunteers will distribute race shirts to registered participants.
- ENTERTAINMENT: Volunteers will interact with girls, coaches and families in our Entertainment area. Choose to volunteer in Hair Paint, Tattoos, Pinky Promise, Tiaras or Sign Making.
- RUNNER ON CALL: Volunteers will help either be paired with a girl to run the race or run the race as an “encourager”. Runners on Call will be given a free registration code ahead of the 5K.
- WATER STOP: Volunteers will help hydrate thirsty runners by handing out cups of water and cheering for the participants.
- CHEER ZONE LEAD: Lead a group from your organization or business to cheer and encourage the girls and participants on the race course.